On 25th August 2022, the National Health Authority and Ministry of Justice & Empowerment signed a Memorandum of Understanding which will provide health insurance worth five lakhs to the transgender per annum. But isn’t the Indian government so-called ‘Regressive’?
Saffron Hate Within The Community
1. In various staged protests and parades, a pattern of ‘Saffron Hate’ is seen
2. Slogans such as ‘Rainbow Over Saffron’, ‘Queers Against Hindutva’ & ‘Government is Transphobic’ are quite common in these
3. Elite ‘twitteratis’ of the community leave no stone unturned in naming the government as ‘Fascist’
1. Unlike the elites of the community, the life of a transgender wasn’t liveable
2. Transgenders a.k.a Kinnars just had two options to survive, either beg or be a prostitute
3. Sexual assaults faced by them used to go unnoticed
1. Karnataka government led by Bharatiya Janata Party was first in India to give reservation to the third gender in government jobs
2. IPC Section 377, which criminalized same-sex relationships, was decriminalized by the NDA government in the year 2018
3. Noida’s Sector-50 Metro station was dedicated to the employment of transgenders by CM Yogi Adityanath
4. The central government dedicated one of a kind national portal, just for transgenders under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
5. Apart from providing IDs to transperson, the portal also provides several benefits like Skill Development, Garima Greh (Shelter Homes), Scholarships, Recognition & Appreciation specifically for transgendered persons
Are Hindus Transphobic?
- The ost resilient polytheistic religion, Hinduism or Sanatan is often considered to be transphobic or homophobic
- In a historic move towards holistic acceptance, Kinnar Akhada was established in the In the year 2018, a historic move toward holistic acceptance was made by establishing the Kinnar Akhada
- The Kinnar Akhada participated for the first time in the Kumbh Mela in 2019 under Juna Akhada
No one can deny that transgenders didn’t face any discrimination, but change is the rule of society. And at the rate Indian society’s changing is exemplary.