February 2, 2023 1:38 am

Category

PETA Calls For A 'Sex Strike' In A New Attention-Seeking Stunt

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is back with another bizarre way to reduce global greenhouse emissions. The animal rights group asked women to go on a sex strike against their partners who eat meat.

1113
2min Read

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is back with another bizarre way to reduce global greenhouse emissions. The animal rights group asked women to go on a sex strike against their partners who eat meat. In an interview with Times Radio, Carys Bennett, a PETA campaigner from Germany alleged that meat-eating men are responsible for more than 40% of greenhouse gas emissions, and in order to save animals, their partners should go on a ‘sex strike.’

Sex As Incentive? 

PETA is an animal rights organization that is vocal on the global stage. With over 9 million members worldwide, the organization’s sexist stand has turned it into a laughing stock on Twitter. Why sexist? While women around the world are fighting to reject being a sex symbol, PETA has normalized it and suggested that sexual favors can get one anything. 

PETA got more reactions for other gender cliches wrongly portrayed by it: “We all know them—the suburban men with beer bottles in hand, brandishing tongs while cooking sausages on their expensive gas grills. These barbecue masters believe that they can prove their masculinity to themselves and their fellow humans through their consumption of meat, not only hurting animals but also harming the planet,” posted PETA.

Condemning the ‘Man-Kind’, PETA said that men needed to take responsibility for their deeds. Quoting a scientific finding by Plos One, the organization claimed that men should rectify their mistakes by going ‘Vegan’.

The Art of Hypocrisy

PETA often forgets a crucial contributor to destroying the planet — the ‘fashion’ industry. From crocodile skin handbags to fur coats, the fashion industry has been destroying the ecological balance for decades now. Though there are some campaigns against animal cruelty in the Fashion industry that PETA takes on, an intensive stand is yet to come from them. As PETA took upon them to target a specific gender for the greenhouse emissions which destroy our planet earth, many Twitter users questioned their stand on ‘fast fashion.’

Many celebrities who endorse PETA are seen flaunting fashion choices made with animal skin. Kim Kardashian of the well-known KarJennar clan has been seen flaunting animal skin clothes and fur coats for a while now, including all of her sisters. In a complete contradiction, PETA India named a rescued cow after the SKIMS founder Kim.

PETA is the epitome of hypocrisy when it comes to Indian festivals. Twitter and several media platforms have expressed the hypocrisy of PETA quite well over its double standards on Hindu festivals and other festivals.

The Dark Side Of PETA, Rescuing or Killing Animals?

Several whistleblowers have claimed about the merciless killing of animals PETA indulges in. A report by ZME Science mentions that former employees of PETA were told to say anything including blatant lies to get custody of an animal. These animals were then euthanized. 

For years, PETA has been accused of illegally kidnapping pets, killing them within 24 hours, and funding domestic terror within the US. The organization has less than a 1% of adoption rate among rescued animals, whereas one can imagine what they do with the rest 99 percent. The founder of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk had herself said that it was easy to euthanize an animal in a shelter, where she would kill about a dozen animals herself in a day. The claim behind it: animals were suffering in shelters, but the truth is still unknown.

Simran sharma
Simran sharma

Left handed, Right Minded, Aspiring Journalist!

All Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

Popular Posts

Video Posts